3. Get Registered
Check for roadblocks to registration
Check for any holds on your registration in AccessPlus:
- When logged into A+, on the left menu click Grad Stdnt Status
- On the status page, the upper right corner is the Alerts section. The two most common holds are:
- Accounts Receivable Hold - you must resolve your Ubill before you can register. AR office
- Grad College Hold - most likely probation (GPA under 3.0). Contact the MS Agronomy office (515.294.2999 or email@example.com) if you want to register. Dawn Miller can request a lift of this hold, subject to approval by the Grad College.
When does registration start?
Start dates for registration are listed in the ISU Calendar. The exact date will differ depending on the year. A general rule of thumb:
- Summer and Fall registration begins around March 20th
- Spring registration begins around October 20th.
Program registration policies
- All MS Agronomy courses posted for registration are section “XW” (off-campus).
- For example, if you’d like Agronomy 501, you would look for AGRON 501 Section XW
- Class enrollment is 25 students/class
- Students can register using AccessPlus up to the first 20 spots
- Dawn Miller monitors the last 5 spots for students with special circumstances. If you find a “course full” message, contact Dawn firstname.lastname@example.org. She can let you know if there is a spot available or add you to a waiting list.
- Registration etiquette: Respect your fellow students by registering for only the class you will actually take. Please do not register for extra courses and drop later.
Finally! It's time to register! You can do so in one of the following ways:
- Register yourself through AccessPlus: Help video.
- NOTE: you will find an assigned a registration date and time in AccessPlus. The registration system staggers registration based on number of credits completed. If you don’t want to wait to register, follow #2 below.
- You might also be asked for a Registration Access Number (RAN). The MS Agronomy office does not receive those, so follow #2 below.
- Contact the M.S. in Agronomy office: email@example.com or 1-866-MSAGRON or 515-294-2999. Dawn Miller can contact the registrar’s office on your behalf on the first day of the registration period.
Did you get registered? How to tell:
The only way to tell if you are successfully registered is in AccessPlus. On the left menu click Class Schedule. Your class will be posted here. There is a semester drop-down button, be sure you look for the correct semester.
- Do not check Canvas for your registration. Your access to your course will be determined by the program, so you may not find it in Canvas until very close to semester start.
- Do not check your Ubill for registration. UBills are posted the 1st of the month of the start of a semester (August 1 for Fall semester, January 1st for Spring semester, May 1 for Summer semester).
All done? Continue to next section: Buying Texts