Graduate Certificate Admission Requirements
Students enrolled in the Graduate Certificate In Agronomy are ISU graduate students, thus the standards of admission and the standards to which a Certificate student is held are equivalent to those expected of a master's student.
Applicants to the Graduate Certificate in Agronomy must have the following qualifications:
- Obtain a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA approximately 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully complete the following ISU courses or their equivalent, regardless of major:
- Agronomy 181: Introduction to Crop Science (3 credits)****
- Agronomy 182: Introduction to Soil Science (3 credits)****
- Biology 101: Introductory Biology (3 credits)
- Chemistry 163: General Chemistry (4 credits)
- Math 140: College Algebra (3 credits)
- Statistics 104: Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
****If you are a Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) the prerequisite crop and soil course requirements can be waived.