Graduate Certificate Transfer to Master of Science

Is there an option to move on to the entire MS Agronomy Program?

Yes!  If a student who receives the Graduate Certificate in Agronomy wishes to continue on to complete the M.S. in Agronomy program, that student needs to request admission to the M.S. in Agronomy program. The admission requirements for the M.S. degree are the same as the Certificate, so no extra qualifications are necessary.  Students must have completed the Graduate Certificate in Agronomy in good standing with the Graduate College.  This includes a GPA of 3.0 or better and Full Admission status.  Credits earned for the Graduate Certificate in Agronomy can be applied to degree requirements for the M.S. Agronomy degree.

Time to complete MS degree

The ISU Graduate College has a 7-year time limit to complete an MS degree.  Students transferring to and completing the MS Agronomy degree after completing the Agronomy Certificate will be held to the 7-year rule, starting from the semester they took their first Certificate course.