M.S. in Agronomy courses are accessed by computer from your home or place of business via the Internet. The courseware is primarily based inside the Canvas learning management system, and integrates interactive online course materials with other online communication tools such as Zoom.
Canvas System Requirements
Zoom System Requirements
For an optimized learning experience in MS Agronomy courses, please ensure you have access to the following technology:
- A computer (~1 to 5 yrs old) that can run the supported web browsers (see below) and versions of Excel and Word from the last decade.
- Reliable Internet access. A wired Ethernet connection to the internet is recommended. Wireless and cellphone data connections may experience connection problems.
- One of the Supported Browsers
- While tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices may allow for some completion of coursework, they are not guaranteed to work in all areas. Android and iOS operating systems are not fully supported, although the Canvas Student app is available for iOS and Android.
- Thus, it is recommended that you have access to a Windows or MacOS-based computer to complete coursework in the event your selected mobile device does not meet the needs of the course.
- The Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications is available to students for free, as long as they are a student. For installation information, see the ISU ITS website article; "How do I install Office 365 applications on my personal computer?"
Students who need assistive technologies might have different computer and technology requirements. Please check with Student Accessibility Services to determine the requirements for the specific technologies needed to support you in your online classes.
Other software tools are also freely available to students, such as Grammarly, a valuable assistant for writing well. Information on installing Grammarly is at the CELT website.