All ISU graduate students must follow ISU Graduate College policy on GPA. The Graduate College Student Handbook explains in Chapter 5: Section 5.2.6 Probation and Academic Standing
In a nutshell: 3.0 GPA is MANDATORY
- All ISU graduate students are required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0. This is a grade of B.
- C grades are allowed only if cumulative GPA is 3.0 or higher.
- Any courses with grades of C- or lower must be retaken. They are not accepted on the POSC (program of study).
- Students on Academic Probation are not allowed to register for classes.
- Students on Academic Probation are not allowed to graduate.
- A request to register must be made from the MS Agronomy office on the student's behalf for every semester that GPA is below 3.0.
MS Agronomy & Certificate Program policies for students on Academic Probation:
- Academic records are reviewed by Dr. Westgate and Dawn Miller. They will recommend any of the following options:
- Any courses C- or below must be retaken.
- Any courses with C or C+ grades must be retaken if GPA is below 3.0, in order to bring GPA back up.
- If GPA is below 3.0 with B- grades, students will be allowed to register with the expectation that B or better grades be attained.
- If retakes do not result in better grades and an improved GPA, it's possible that students will not be allowed to continue.