Check your schedule: Keep your time commitment in mind!
Plan to spend 8-12 hours/class/week. Do you have the time?
Check your overall program plan:
Tools for you:
- Program Planning Worksheet* shows the semesters each class is offered and course prerequisites. This information is subject to change due to instructor turnover. It will be updated each semester.
- Course workload summary* to check course requirements.
*Agronomy Graduate Certificate Students: Your courses are 501, 502, 503, 511, 512 & 514. You can disregard information not related to these courses.
Check for registration roadblocks:
Check for any holds on your registration in AccessPlus:
- When logged into A+, on the left menu click Grad Stdnt Status
- On the status page, the upper right corner is the Alerts section. The two most common holds are:
- Accounts Receivable Hold - you must resolve your Ubill before you can register. AR office
- Grad College Hold - most likely probation (GPA under 3.0). Contact the MS Agronomy office (515.294.2999 or email@example.com) if you want to register.
Check the calendar (registration dates):
Start dates for registration are listed in the ISU Calendar. The exact date will differ depending on the year. A general rule of thumb:
- Summer and Fall registration begins around March 20th
- Spring registration begins around October 20th.
- Dawn Miller will send out email announcements and reminders about registration.
Check for assigned registration dates:
Unfortunately, the start of registration doesn't always mean you can register on the first day. The registration system allows registrations based on number of cumulative credits completed.
- You will be assigned a registration date and time, you will find it in AccessPlus
- On the left menu click Student Info, and look in the Registration Information section
Check the rules (program registration policies):
- All MS Agronomy courses posted for registration are section “XW” (off-campus).
- For example, if you’d like Agronomy 501, you would look for AGRON 501 Section XW
- Class enrollment is 25 students/class
- Registration etiquette: Respect your fellow students by registering for only the class you will actually take. Please do not register for extra courses and drop later.